We have an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about agriculture and our farmers!
We are currently looking to bring on a Farm Manager to take over our Ottumwa location. The primary responsibility of the Farm Manager Supervisor is to provide local farm management for our Ottumwa office, including a variety of responsibilities and hands-on duties around various farms.
They will also possess the desire and leadership skills that would allow them to oversee the company-wide farm management operations.
A successful candidate will be willing to learn, accept coaching, maintain a positive attitude, work alongside the farmers, executive team and strive for continuous self-development.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the Farm Management division –
- Supervise company-wide Associate Farm Managers and Administrative staff
- Development and implementation of farm management processes
- Implement appropriate risk management processes
- Grain marketing for crop share, modified crop share, and custom managed farms
- Coordinate closing of properties with company real estate staff, associated attorneys, 1031 intermediaries, lenders, escrow companies, etc.
- Hands-On Management of local farms around Ottumwa
- Routine farm visits
- Manage farm finances: budgeting, accounts receivable, and accounts payable
- Capital improvement analysis, coordination, and oversight
- Participate and develop reports to clients: seasonally and end of year
- Farm owner communication as needed
- Work with farm tenants on crops, projects, etc.
- Lease negotiations with farm tenants and farm owners
- Financial analysis of agriculture investments for a variety of purposes
- Selling, investing, financial planning, etc.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in an agriculture-related field.
- The ideal candidate will have or obtain their real estate license to broker transactions for buyers and sellers of agricultural property.
- Five to ten years’ experience in agriculture or related field (real estate, property management, AG sales, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of:
- Computer operations
- Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Access and Publisher
- The agriculture industry
- Skilled in:
- Managing and developing personnel
- Process development, documentation, and implementation
- Continuous improvement
- Verbal and written communication
- Professional communication with internal counterparts and external clients
- Thoroughness and accuracy
- Critical thinking and informed decision making
- Ability to:
- Work both independently and in a team environment to accomplish goals
- Perform follow-ups to ensure quality of work product and/or action items are completed
- Work with allied partnerships in a professional, courteous manner
- Maintain confidentiality
- Listen and accept coaching from peers and managers